The Church continues to be alive and active, but during the current health emergency our buildings must close.Therefore, as well as public worship being suspended, Malmesbury Abbey and all church buildings in the Church of England are now closed.
Please note, though, that even though they are no longer carried out in the Abbey building, our worship of God and our care for each other continue.
- See Holy Week 2020 for “Who?”, a new video reading of the story of Christ’s passion, our virtual labyrinth, the order of service for a Good Friday devotional concert, and details of online services and events this week.
- See the Letters to the People page for recent letters to us from our archbishops, bishops and local MP and a new letter from Malmesbury Town Council about help and the need for local volunteers.
- See Calendar for details of today’s and upcoming events.
- See Services for videos of Sunday services.
- See Morning & Evening Prayer for videos of Morning & Evening Prayer.
- See News Sheet to download this week’s news sheet.
Although the Abbey is closed at the moment, the ministers here are continuing to pray for the people of Malmesbury and beyond. If you would like to send us a personal prayer request, please email email@example.com or use the form on the Pastoral & Prayer Support page and we will pray for you and your loved ones at our daily morning or evening prayer services.
Feel free just to give us the initials of people you would like us to pray for if you want to protect their privacy. But in any case we won’t pray for anyone by name in our public services unless you specifically ask us to.
We will not normally reply to these emails personally. If you have a query that needs a reply, please email the parish office on firstname.lastname@example.org .
If you have an urgent pastoral need, please phone the minister on duty on 07425 527312.
If you are isolated, have practical needs that can’t be met by family, friends and neighbours, or would like a phone call from one of our pastoral team, please call the Parish Office on 01666 826666 or email email@example.com.