The Church continues to be alive and active, but during the current health emergency our buildings must close.Therefore, as well as public worship being suspended, Malmesbury Abbey and all church buildings in the Church of England are now closed.
Please note, though, that even though they are no longer carried out in the Abbey building, our worship of God and our care for each other continue.
- Sunday services are available on the Services page while Morning and Evening Prayer are streamed Monday to Friday on the Malmesbury Abbey Online page on Facebook and can also be viewed on the Morning & Evening Prayer page.
- The latest guidance and details of how the Church of England is responding to the coronavirus outbreak is on their website here.
- See the Letters to the People page for recent letters to us from our archbishops, bishops and local MP and the latest updates from Wiltshire Council and Malmesbury Town Council concerning arrangements for help during the COVID-19 emergency.
- New: Gentle exercise videos for those who are forced to remain indoors during the current lockdown.
- New: Sign up for our Online Alpha, starting Wednesday 6 May.
- New: Olive Malcolm talks about St Aldhelm, the first abbot of Malmesbury.
Although the Abbey is closed at the moment, the ministers here are continuing to pray for the people of Malmesbury and beyond. If you would like to send us a personal prayer request, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or use the form on the Pastoral & Prayer Support page and we will pray for you and your loved ones at our daily morning or evening prayer services.
Feel free just to give us the initials of people you would like us to pray for if you want to protect their privacy. But in any case we won’t pray for anyone by name in our public services unless you specifically ask us to.
We will not normally reply to these emails personally. If you have a query that needs a reply, please email the parish office on email@example.com .
If you have an urgent pastoral need, please phone the minister on duty on 07425 527312.
If you are isolated, have practical needs that can’t be met by family, friends and neighbours, or would like a phone call from one of our pastoral team, please call the Parish Office on 01666 826666 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Charitable Status and Information
Charity Name – The PCC of the Ecclesiastical Parish of Malmesbury with Westport and Brokenborough
Charity Address – The Abbey Office, The Old Squash Courts, Holloway, Malmesbury SN16 9BA
Charity number – 1146631