The Abbey is following the advice of the Church of England authorities, based on national government discussions and decisions.
At the moment and for the near future we are:
- Not holding services with congregations in our churches.
- Cancelling home groups, other groups and events in the Abbey.
- Not having Little Stars, Welcome Tea or Lent and Holy Week events.
- Closing the Abbey.
- The Ministry Team will be available by phone.
- Contact the church office on 01666826666 and firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are keeping all these arrangements under review and will do our best to follow government and church guidelines as they become available. The PCC are setting up a small group to monitor our response to events and to make suitable pastoral and spiritual resources available.
Primarily the advice is:
- To wash your hands often.
- To self-isolate if you have a “new persistent cough.”
- To keep in contact with neighbours and friends – set up a group with your neighbours (6 approx) by telephone, WhatsApp and/or Facebook.
If you are isolated, have practical needs that can’t be met by family, friends and neighbours, or would like a phone call from one of our pastoral team, please call the Parish Office on 01666 826666 or email email@example.com.
Please follow the advice offered here: